The Easiest Ever Gingerbread Recipe - with Amazon Fresh UK
I wish that my website had a sniff facility because if you could smell my kitchen
now you would just want to dive right in.
It's freezing cold outside (-2 according to my phone) but inside our house is warm and the even warmer smell of cinnamon and ginger is wafting through.... we've just knocked up a batch of gingerbread men with the help from our friends at Amazon Fresh UK, your one stop shop for groceries direct to your door.
Our friends at Amazon Fresh UK kindly sent us all we need to get baking on this cold Saturday morning and I'm so excited to share with you the easiest ever recipe for gingerbread so that you too can get baking at home this holiday season with your loved ones.
What you'll need....
350g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g unsalted butter (room temp)
175g light soft brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
All of the above items can be purchased from Amazon Fresh.
How you do it...
Now, I made mine using my food mixer but this can also easily be made by hand but WARNING it will be sticky!!!
1. Preheat your one to 180c
2. In your food processor measure and slightly mix together the flour, bicarbonate of sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
3. Cut the butter into cubes and slowly add to your food mixer so it becomes to resemble crumbs.
4. Lightly mix the egg together with the golden syrup and slowly pour in the the gingery breadcrumb mixture until it binds together and a dough is formed.
5. Turn your dough onto a lightly floured surface and bring it all together.
6. Place the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
7. Remove the dough from the freezer and turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to approx 5mm thick.
8. We chose gingerbread men cutters but you can use any cutters to cut the shapes out.
9. Place cut out shapes onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 12-15 minutes util they start to go a golden brown.
10. Remove and transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool before decorating as you wish!
The kids will love this at this time of year and I plan to make a batch of them for Charlie's class as an alternative to Christmas cards this year!